Soldering irons are these hand tools which are used to form a bond between two electronics components or an electronic component and the board to which it is soldered. Though quite popular in electrical and electronic fields , they became a key tool for hobbyists and Do-it-yourselfers these past decades.
A soldering iron consists of a heating region and an insulated handle. The working principle of this tool is relatively simple: When a current passes through a high resistant material, heat is produced. This heat is therefore used to melt down the iron wire used to electrically connect electronics components when it cools.
This is an useful guide on how to make a good solder joint.
There is a wide range of soldering kits available in the market today. But before we dive into this review, we though is essential to break down the tools that characterize the best soldering iron kits and what are they used for.
- Soldering irons and stations: Choosing between a soldering iron and a soldering station depends not only on the budget but also on the type of project you are carrying out. Soldering irons are more convenient for beginners, do-it-yourselfers who are working on small projects that do not require a precision.
On the other hand, Soldering stations are made for more precise controlled soldering . They are suitable for bigger projects where temprature adjustment is needed. You can find them with analog and digital displays.
- Desoldering pump: Also known as solder sucker it’s used to remove solder iron from a printed circuit board. The objective here can be either to take a component away or just clean the board.
- Solder wire: It is a fusible metal alloy used to joint two metal workpieces. the easiest type to work with is 60/40 lead/tin for beginners.
- Soldering tips: They are of different types or sizes used in everything from jewelry making to plumbing .
- Cleaning sponge or stand with cleaning sponge: It is used to clean the soldering iron after soldering.
BEST SOLDERING IRON KITS IN 2019
Many people are familiar with this brand. This is a must-have soldering kit in homes and work stations. This model is easy to hold and the soldering iron stand gives you a place to rest your iron when it’s not in use. The bag is available in different colors and is rather convenient to store small tools. The manufacturer promises a 12 months Product warranty and free lifetime customer support for you.
One of the particularity of this kit is the digital multimeter . It is used for Home appliance maintenance, automobile maintenace, computer repair, or welding circuits maintenance. Most soldering kits do not have one. With its 60w power , the Anbes soldering iron kit is convenient for demanding projects that require power.
- Working voltage is 110V
- 60W of power supply
- Temp Range is 200-450℃
- Pure copper soldering tips
Components of the kit:
- On/off switch
- Soldering tips (2)
- Test Leads
- Carry bags
- Desoldering pump
- Iron stand
- Electronic wire (22awg-2)
If you’re on a low budget, do not want to spend money on a soldering kit or are a beginner, then I pleased to introduce you to the Tabiger Soldering Iron Kit 15-in-1. This is one of the best market economic options available in the market today and comes with features that you find in more expensive kits.
This is a complete model and you can use the 05 soldering irons tips for various repaired usage of electronics and chip boards, as well as home crafts and professional projects.
- 60 w soldering iron.
- 110v working voltage.
- 22 awg electronic wire.
- 2 pcs electronic wire, in a PU carry bag.
The Tabiger Soldering Iron Kit 15-in-1 features the following items:
- Soldering iron.
- Desoldering pump,
- 05 multiple soldering tips.
- Solder wire.
- Soldering iron stand with cleaning sponge.
- Soldering tweezer.
- Wire stripper cutter .
This soldering kit comes with a lot of accessories besides the soldering iron. It’s ideal for a variety of soldering projects and perfect for beginners and general demand. However you cannot use it for glass work as it requires much power.
The magento’s superb quality is made of 14 pieces. Its soldering iron dissipates heat quickly – and cools down in a flash which puts the user’s safety and convenience as the top priorities.
The magento’s superb quality soldering Iron contains:
- 1x Soldering iron
- 1x Solder sucker
- 1x Solder wire
- 1x Wire Stripper Cutter
- 1x Soldering Iron Stand
- 2x 22 awg Electronic Wire
- 5x pcs Soldering Iron Tips
- 1x Anti-static Tweezers
- 1x Carrier Bag
- Working voltage of 200v to 230v.
- Temperature control from 200° to 450°C.
- 22 awg electronic wire.
This is another all-inclusive valuable soldering kit. It is designed to be efficient in every project. The Wmore soldering kit is one of the best model that we can recommend for beginners. You can not go wrong with this one in small projects around your home. It comes with the most important items that you need to make your job a success.
Most important specifications:
- Work Voltage: 110V
- Power: 60W
- Temp Rang: 200℃ – 450 ℃
- Tweezer: ESD-15, ength 4.7inches
- Soldering Iron Stand: Steel
- Tips Model: 900M series
- Desoldering Pump: Plastic and aluminum alloy
- Carry Bag: PU leather
All the contents of the kit are shown below:
- Soldering Iron x 1
- Desoldering Pump x 1
- Different Soldering Iron Tips x 5
- Tin Wire Tube x 1
- Soldering Iron Stand x 1
- Tweezers x 1
- Wire Stripper Cutterx 1
- 24awg Electronic Wire x 2